Meandering Bliss

October 22, 2017




Swinging
back and forth
thoughts
and
songs
on repeat

my first ballet
toehead in a tutu
touching the top
of my head
with my toes

Sapphire needle dreams
pirouetting
33 13 rpm
around my penché perfect six year old world

My lifelong friends
Chopin, Tchaikovsky and Bach
keep me 
good company

We met once
 in Paris
for a clandestine
rehearsal
my breath halted
my heart
flic-flacs
in time with
the rosin dusted 
pointe
of view

In my other life
my six foot self
stood en pointe
at center stage
performing
a pas de deux 
with one who would 
support me
lift me
catch me

This life
is about
box seats
and bubbles
and
Parlor pas de bourrée couru

I am at best 
a living room ballerina




OctPoWriMo 17 Day 22

Photograph By Scott Martinez 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. This struck me: "This life
    is about
    box seats
    and bubbles"
    Thank you. xoA

    ReplyDelete

Instagram