Amygdala

October 08, 2017




It is because of you


you little lobes
all nestled
snug and uncus
waiting
in the underbelly
of my mind

Your tritone 
symphony
a diabolus in musica
of
ambulance sirens
and
animal screams
always on
in the background

That I knew


he shouldn't be trusted

We were not safe

the ground would swallow us

they lay in wait
with rope
in the forrest

He stole my wallet

He stole my virtue

The ground would shake us

they lie in hate
with hope
stolen from us

He was crazy

He would kill me


And when I refused to listen
to give you the attention that all lizards deserve
you lost your tail and told another one
through a dream

 my father 
long gone
walked forward towards me
from behind a parked car
wearing an old blue striped shirt
and the familiar face of a young man

offering
no smile
no embrace
only the words 
I had to hear

You are not safe
You must get out
now

So that is how I knew

and why for you
I am grateful




Image Courtesy of http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Amygdala

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. This knocks my socks off, especially this:
    "And when I refused to listen
    to give you the attention that all lizards deserve
    you lost your tail and told another one
    through a dream". Power poetry indeed! I'm glad the message got through to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes me too. And it is only one of two times I have ever dreamt of my father.

      Delete
  2. You sent me to the dictionary. I love that! you "little lobes
    all nestled
    snug and uncus
    waiting"
    Thank you! xoA

    ReplyDelete

Instagram