Losing Fears

October 16, 2017





My dark hours
are twisted
around
the realization
that I am
bound
to where I am
where I have been
and where I want to be

My limbs
constrained
restrained to the dread

I am off balance
falling
often
towards
the hard
conclusion
that things are not in alignment

Falls and fallings out
find me

I do not want
to seek
familiar
suffering
surging in
on the shadows

I wear a cloak
morbid
and
heavy
slung
low
across my shoulders
as though
I am both
the betrayer
and
the exposed

Here
fear
knows
my name

So
I turn
tales
and
run
word
wild
the
other
way
all
the
way
back
to
myself

 I am
pulled
by the deep moss
green intentions
and soft hope
under my feet




OctPoWriMo 17 Day 16

Photo Courtesy of Julianne Kanzaki

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. beautiful descriptions. i like the way you laid out the words, especially when you run back to yourself

    ReplyDelete
  2. This resonates with me. Hope. Always hope. xoA Thank you.
    "I am
    pulled
    by the deep moss
    green intentions
    and soft hope
    under my feet"

    ReplyDelete

Instagram