Holy Grail

October 10, 2017


Power
lines
my life

drawing
outside
the lines
of 
crackling
wires
below my window

I sought it

In
Pixie dust
promises
that never came
a tow headed girl
waiting
at
the dented mailbox
filled 
full
of
echoes

In
Rosary beads
phosphorescent
plastic
promises
whispered
into tiny clutched hands
like she was 
holding
fireflies
in the dark

In
makeshift Medalian
 of hammered brass 
and
hope
that the words
uttered
into the biting
winter air
would save him

In
the good word
tattered and dog eared
dogma
hugged tightly
like
velveteen rabbit
shield


and when all this
reverie
folded in
on itself
the event horizon
of
being
powerless
deformed
my mindspacetime
into 
black hole
panic

oblivion
imminent 

yet

a light
a breath
a be-ing 
my
singularity

in this moment
as the good witch says

I found it

the
power
is
mine






You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. This is exquisite. So many !lovely and vivid images. I especially loved "velveteen rabbit shield." (a favorite story of mine, too). Thank you. xoA

    ReplyDelete

Instagram