Cat on the Keyboard

October 11, 2017



Cat on the keyboard
and
a drunken loon
little girl blue
and
a song off tune

when you gonna write Jen
I don't know when
but we will get together then
you know we will have a good time then

The Muze
and 
me
we dance in stocking feet
in the living room
to the hip hop channel
Pandora's box
wide open

notions
causing a commotion
as they
b-boy
around
the scuffed
slatted
wood
words

I've got the words baby, you got the motion 
If we got together we'd be causing a commotion


She winks
and whirls
while I twist and twirl
and try to stay
en pointe

We strip naked
foibles and follies
strewn about
form
falling over 
furniture
like there was 
no one watching... 
but
wait

at some
point
you 
have 
to
wonder 
IS 
anyone watching
from behind
the ether blinds?

She shrugs
and extends a pen

Shall we dance?

Cats on the keyboard
and a dancing loon
little girl true
and a date at noon
when you gonna write Jen?
You gotta guess when....
I am gonna write then
you know I am 
gonna
write
then.













You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I can see why you had fun with this. I loved the familiar-sounding refrain. Thank you. xoA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I sing it in my head (and sometimes out loud) when I read it.

      Delete

Instagram