A la carte

October 21, 2017




The Gamine
she serves no salmon
just lonely thoughts
swimming upstream
to my heart space
Will they spawn
inspiration
or will they settle
into sediment
for bottom feeders
to grow on

Words are tight
remaining coiled
curled under
my daily life
grind
unto a hopeful
reach
I need to stretch

across the page

A half pour
is a good thing
but now
at the bottom
of the glass
the page
I ache with want

Self Control
a bone honed
skill
to belay
my fall









You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Love this:
    "just lonely thoughts
    swimming upstream
    to my heart space
    Will they spawn
    inspiration
    or will they settle
    into sediment
    for bottom feeders
    to grow on"

    You are a really, really good poet. Thank you. xoA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your constant readership - your comments meant the world to me!

      Delete

Instagram