Prison of Sighs

April 17, 2017




I
am
falling off
the edge
no longer
well balanced
in the center
of commitment

I teeter
for ever
catching
myself 
before toppling
over 
into
familiar
black

now
on
the rising time
I aspire
to pull
myself
up
to climb
the mossy slick
walls
of resistance
find
finger holds
to grip
intention

my
one hundred
obligatory
words
written
on the wall
have not
sunk 
in

Only
my chalk 
stained
fingers

cracked cuticles
covered in
old
white
corporal 
dust
remind me
betray me

My print
the only
evidence
lingering
on what I touch

no matter 
how
hard
I scour and scrub
with the block
I am given

I cannot see
the clean slate










Day 17 - Inspired by the prompt to write a poem based on a Nocturne.

Photo Credit: https://sites.google.com/site/veneziamisteroreloaded/home/il-caffe-florian/la-statua-di-marco-vispanio-agrippa/le-leggende-che-riguardano-san-marco/le-due-colonne-rosse/richard-wagner-a-venezia/il-caso-grosso-ed-elisabetta-d-austria/il-ponte-dei-sospiri-ed-i-piombi






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram