Ma Vie Quotidienne

April 25, 2017




Breakfast

I blend smooth all the sundry intentions
drink in the obligatory elixers of the day

Lunch

I slink out and search the concrete wasteland
for scarce leafy harvests of time

Dinner

I rip and whip and twirl and toss
the keepings for my life

Morning

Pages spread open on the table
ready to receive as the cat runs circles and the tea grows cold

Noon

The darling hour begs the question
to let the heart run free in the field or to remain fenced in to the flicker

Night

Hours happy and languorous sprawl out on the evening chaise
the muze and procrastination pettifog in the parlor


I count each breath in and out and in and out
hear each heart beat lub-dub, lub-dub, lub-dub
lub
dub
.











Day 25

*Inspired by the prompt to write  about my daily life

*Translation: Ma Vie Quotidienne - My daily life

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram