Shameless

April 12, 2018



It is difficult
to see beyond 
the initial sun
against the shadows
to see if there is a possibility
of a storm
of a nice day
of a place
and time
of harmony 
either way

writing is a dress
I like to keep
in my closet
hoping for an occasion
and that
hopefully
it still fits

despite 
bloated 
stories
I tell 
myself

I have no idea
if it is
still in style
or wearing it
is a garish
costume 
of a crazy person

it takes work
to wear
a dress

Constricting
undergarments 
to pull
in the protruding
focus 
and hopefully 
remembering
to tuck in
the vestigial ribbon
of prior work

ah muse...

Always wear a dress as though you are going to meet the someone you have been waiting for

two stewards and five bottles of rosè
on a warm spring night
stolen kisses on the sidewalk
insecurity masking as respect
well-nigh willing
to make
a beast with two backs



*"Then I get to see how close I can get to it
Without giving in
Then I get to rub up against it
Till I break the skin"


*Lyrics by Ani DeFranco - Shameless













You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. The Dress looks great on you! :) I love the line "Insecurity Masking as Respect". I always love lines that convey complex emotions and interactions. Feeling one thing, conveying another is always a interesting idea to explore and brings depth to the emotion and character. I love the last lines as well, "well-nigh willing, to make a beast with two backs." Using the "Beast with two backs" phrase shows the intensity of the emotion.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram