With Wild Abandon

April 20, 2016



Six and ten circles
plus a hundred
more spins
around the sun
before the choice
my first
(with limits)
granted 
as token
permission
 to force wakefulness
on a well exhausted day
just for spite

So I chose

it was as easy
 as breathing

the sanitary intentions
laid out for me
to rest on
the deeply
embossed
foul
yellow 
stains

All the While
Others see
only glitter
and gleam
the titanic 
staterooms
red flocked
white house
powder rooms

*Ma propre Vie
Ma Folie
gelled
 absolute 
beaten pulp
spread out
to dry
my dreams 
in long slow
copper cylinders 
laser etched
with cobblestones
and side walk cafes

the mulberry silk
smoke screen
weaved
my world
whole

I creep 
in passages
and hide
in translations
and get lost
in the crowning
mold

It is time
I peel Paris down



NaPoWriMo 2016 Day #20

Translations:
Ma propre Vie - My own life
Ma Folie - My insanity/fantasy

Image: #15 With Wild Abandon Vintage Paris In Cream And Pink Frame Paper

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram