Van Gogh Latte

April 27, 2016




stealing
 time
to indulge
in a slow pace
staring at my reflection
in the darkened
kitchen window
the precious
early hours
before the
the streets
fill with strangers
making their own way
pondering 
the moments
that sprawl out
on the sidewalk

I think of 
the rabbits
those that flourished
with affection
and those that perished
without
Am I a rabbit
under that common
curse?

the skies
still dark
dissolve 
towards dawn
in deep 
slate
and heavy
clouds
I can see
now
the faint
outline
the horizon
sparkling in the distance
the glimmer 
and glint
dance 
on my living
room walls
perhaps
from someone else's
kitchen window
where they sit
scrawling
thoughts
onto their own page
looking
out
towards
the endless
horizon

glow
ultramarine










You Might Also Like

2 comments

Instagram