How Bad Do You Want It Index

April 12, 2016




Angry Resolve, consumes my being
anxiety, keeps my intentions in
behavioral synchrony, with the facts detailed in
biology letters, DNF next to my name. The
brain revolution, takes over memory and
challenges, the things that left me defeated yet
coping, with disappointment
facing, the shame
muddling through, the doubts and questions whether
cheating, is allowed when I am
choking, all my
confidence, out of my
cramping, 
defensive pessimism, I look in the
daily mirror, my image reflecting
discomfort, yet craving the flood of
dopamine, the rush of
emotions, as I push
endurance, beyond
evolution, I deny my
failure,
fatigue,
fear, even when 
firewalking, over the
Foot of Africa, My last
glycogen, empties as I keep filling the
goals, the tap wide open
improvement, gushing up at such an
intensity, that all I am, all I know is the
meltdowns, of all my
mental barriers, my meager
mental capacity, gone.  I fear I have lost my
mind, Yet the calling, the perpetual
movement, I push, I press, I seek
motivation, in all the corners where
neuroticism, sits glaring back at me. My
overtraining, is just how I am
pacing, the
pain, beyond what I
perceived amounts, of my tender
physical,
 capacity, hours of trained
fitness, outside the reasonable
limits, I have made friends with my
PTSD, I am
proprioceptive, in reaching for the tantalus medal like a
Quadriplegic
racing, a
robotic body,  in a
runner's world, My last scraps of
self,
acceptance, is braced against the
awareness, that my only
belief, is held in high
esteem, Constantly risking
sabotage,
sitting and kicking, in perpetual
sleep deprivation, my
strategies, depend on my
strength, That
stress, will 
stride out, My
success, embracing
suffering, in deep 
sweet disgust, My
tolerance, for it has given me
tour de france,
toughness, The
triathlon, lifestyle weaves deep threads through
unconsciousness, the athlete, an ever enthusiastic and pertinacious
wounded warrior.


Loudspeaker heralds 
an angelic announcement
as atlast 
I cross the line

You Are An Ironman








NaPoWriMo Day#11 **Based on NaPoWriMo prompt to write an Index poem.

Index from **How Bad Do You Want It?: Mastering the Psychology of Mind Over Muscle"   by 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram