Hindsight

April 27, 2014





It is easy to say
as I strolled along the cobbled ways
looking for owls and cats on rooftops
That things could have been different
That I should have known
Five years later I would be 
back where I began
with the sysiphean determination
to start again
and again not find the satisfaction
of a desired end

That happened long before
we wandered the narrow alleys of Vieux Nice
explored the metro labyrinth of Paris
We weathered nerve wracking turbulence
The rattle and crack of fuselage against rough air 

But like our last flight together that cold fog filled day
We should have called it off
Taken another approach
No matter how terrifying it is to pull up
out a six year relationship

Then it may have been
A smooth landing
back into my own life



You Might Also Like

1 comments

Instagram