30 - Light Train

April 30, 2014

Timetables and ticker tape
iphone itineraries
and a standing date

all predicted, promised
proposed
the arrival
of the inevitable train

the steel snake rattling
along slick tracks
a child’s penny fancy
could derail the whole thing
all for a flattened copper
souvenir

Fare hikes
labor strikes
and the misguided
wave of a drunken conductor
its a wonder if the train would ever get here
let alone
on schedule 

Yet at the eleventh hour
on the 30th day
I could see it
as I stood on 
the cloud platform
with my many years 
of baggage
eager for the arrival
bracing for impact

I close my eyes
when the horns howl closer
The warm gush of air
blows me back
against my fears
I steady myself, brace myself
It is time
Right here, right Now
is the moment
I have been waiting for

My eyes flutter open
and look back
at my luminescence.
and I know

I have arrived. 


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Perfect. Not an ending but a destination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This poem is beautiful. Thanks for sharing it, and thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. My best to you, and I am now your newest follower.
    Deb@ http://debioneille.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Instagram