Walking Wildwood

April 21, 2016



July

I did’t question
 when she ran
across the tracks 
towards the cemetery. 
I just tossed the rock 
from between the railroad ties 
and followed 

Holding hands
We wandered
between
well manicured
plots
weaving 
fanciful
life stories
for what was
written in stone
Forever?
A question answered
in a long 
first
kiss


August

A marriage
two kids
and a boyfriend
on the other side of the country

Still they found
their way
back to the place
under the precarious trestle
they built
It's been forever
A question answered
in a long 
secret
kiss


October

The sylvan path
long hidden
forgotten 
in ragweed tangles
I walk instead
through the entrance
on cracked tar
covered concrete
notions
of where I expected
life to go

Do you remember
that languid
summer
when we would
lay long
late nights
on the grass
You told me then
to wish 
only on stars
that fell towards
Wildwood
We kissed 
our lips
so swollen
with questions
of desire

So it is
finally time
to tell you 
my answer
you will not hear
you always
knew
yes
Forever

I lay down
my blue
rose
and walk
towards the tracks




NaPoWriMo 2016 #21

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram