Door to the Ladies Room or Finding My Nietzsche

April 11, 2016





Cinereal
Drab 
Putty
 portal
door opens
women 
and the men
who clean up 
after them
Go in
and out
all day long

random office
chit- chatter
 laughter
and sighs
of relief
echo
out
in front
of my 
niche


I was grateful 
for the proximity
the ease
the faded gold 
convenience
of it 
all
said
and
done

I need to move on,  live my truth, go all in.
It is time to flush.










The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself. 
Friedrich Nietzsche


NaPoWriMo Day#11 **Based on NaPoWriMo prompt to write a poem in which you closely describe an object or place, and then end with a much more abstract line that doesn’t seemingly have anything to do with that object or place, but which, of course, really does




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram