Lindwurm Riddle

April 02, 2014

Your reputation
Slithered in before you
worsted
super twisted
slick
down to the very bottom
Until you point out
Your green polka dotted
orange socks
as if that makes you less
a depredator

No one warned
the weathered Alemanni queen
to peel the onions
before devouring them
whole, birthing the nest
you came from

You are all Houndstooth and hackles 
a sideways smile
masking your bearing of teeth
as you say to me in a growling wine soaked lisp

take it off

I am left 
to a devil's barter
asking You to do me
one kindness
and match my undressing

layer by layer
Leather to Wool to Cotton to Silk to waxed secret skin

I was prepared to go
down, deep
 cover and years of camouflage
to molt
Before I am exposed.

But is it enough I wonder
Will a worthy man be revealed 
beneath all the scale and claw and charm

Or when all is doffed
will I be the only one left
at all




Read by Tressa Lee Breen
Tressa's Blog

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram